The size of the global hand sanitizer market was USD 2.7 billion in 2019. It's bound to expand manifold in the next few years, primarily due to COVID-19 and the sudden rise in demand. The demand is also rising, as it's a cost-effective, environment-friendly and user-friendly product that's easily available and effective. AMPAC USA believes that, in addition to meeting the rising demand, hand sanitizer manufacturers need to consider using RO water via commercial reverse osmosis or industrial reverse osmosis systems.
The COVID-19 crisis has forced people to be more hygiene-oriented. As a result, the hand sanitization industry is growing. RO water plays a crucial role in the manufacturing of sanitizers. AMPAC USA believes that the rise in demand for hand sanitizers, which will continue for a while, will also boost the demand for pure water and its industrial reverse osmosis systems or commercial reverse osmosis systems.
Stats Regarding Sanitizer Manufacturing
- The size of the global hand sanitizer market was USD 2.7 billion in 2019.
- About 77% population was in favor of using hand sanitizers.
- About 37.5% were male users, and 62.5% were female users.
- The demand for sanitizers has shot up considerably and would increase more in the future.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends using hand sanitizers with 60% alcohol. WHO has recommended two formulations. The first one includes ethanol 96%: 8333 ml, glycerol 98%: 145 ml, hydrogen peroxide 3%: 417 ml and some pure water. The second includes Isopropyl Alcohol, 99.8%: 7515 ml, Glycerol 98%: 145 ml, Hydrogen Peroxide 3%: 417 ml and some pure water. Though the WHO allows the use of distilled water, AMPAC USA believes that RO water should be used in the formulation process to ensure better results.
How Do Hand Sanitizers Beat Coronavirus?
Hand sanitizers help in beating life-threatening viruses like the coronavirus pandemic. Coronavirus is an enveloped virus that is surrounded by a layer of fat.
Reasons for the Rising Popularity of Hand Sanitizers and Trigger in Growth of Hand Sanitizer Manufacturing
- Hand sanitizers offer protection from germs and viruses for most exposed parts of the body.
- It works as an alternative to soap and water.
- The customer interest in hand sanitizers is rising, as it's a high-performance product.
- Before coronavirus, there was growth in sanitizer manufacturing during the H1N1 Influenza and Ebola Scare.
Key Players: Some key players in the hand sanitizer manufacturing industry are:
- 3M Company (USA)
- Best Sanitizers, Inc. (USA)
- Chattem, Inc. (USA)
- GOJO Industries, Inc. (USA)
- Procter & Gamble Co. (USA)
- Medline Industries, Inc. (USA)
Use of RO Water in Hand Sanitizer Manufacturing: The manufacturers can trust commercial reverse osmosis systems or industrial reverse osmosis systems to get access to huge quantities of RO water that can meet high production demands.